The School Council plays an important and valued role in the development of Katandra School. It has elected representation from both the staff and from the parent community and is responsible for the financial, policy and strategic direction of the school. The School Council works in partnership with the school to deliver improved learning outcomes for our students and to support the staff to achieve this.
It meets eight times a year to specifically address the following:
• establishing the broad direction and vision of the school within the school’s community
• participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
• approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure
• developing, reviewing and updating school policies
• raising funds for school-related purposes
• maintaining the school’s grounds and facilities
• entering into contracts (such as for cleaning or construction work)
• reporting annually to the school community and to the DET
• creating interest in the school in the wider community
• listening to the views of the community
The School Council 2019 Plan and handbook is can be found under the School documents link.